The Tunbridge Transfer Station is located at 64 Recreation Road, which is the first left off of the Strafford Road as you are coming up the hill from Route 110.
Saturdays, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Wednesdays, 4 to 7 p.m., until Dec. 31.
The Transfer Station is closed during the Tunbridge Fair.
Trash disposal tickets can be purchased via the following:
- Town Clerk’s office, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m., Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Tunbridge Public Library, 9 a.m. to noon on Saturdays (checks only)
- Leave check payment and your return address at the Town Office building’s drop box. The box is located to the left of the entrance to the town office building.
- Follow this link to order online. The cost in the cart reflects the face value of the ticket plus the postage and credit card fees that the town has to pay.
Tickets will be mailed to you. Please plan ahead.
Construction debris, demolition material or electronics are not accepted. All appliances, tires and scrap metal are accepted. Once a year, a large item collection day is held for items like mattresses and furniture.
Recycling is mandatory in the Central Vermont Solid Waste Management District (CVSWMD), which Tunbridge is part of. At our zero-sort transfer station, we accept at no charge:
• Glass – all colors
• Tin, steel and aluminum cans
• Foil and pie plates
• Aerosol cans
• Plastics #1-#7
• Magazines, catalogs and paperbacks
• White and colored office paper
• Paper mail and envelopes
• Brown and colored paper bags
• Corrugated cardboard
• Phone Books
CVSWMD provides programs and services to 19 member municipalities related to proper management of solid waste. It does not operate trash hauling services, but does license waste haulers and hold special collection events, and provides information about how to find a trash hauler or transfer station on its website, cvswmd.org.
For more information, click on the links below:
- Licensed Trash, Recycling, Food Scrap and other Waste Haulers and Transfer Stations
- Recycling Information
- Food Scraps home composting or drop-off options
- Household Hazardous Waste
- Find out how to dispose of hard to recycle items in our A-Z Guide or see what we take at the Additional Recyclables Collection Center
- Register for a workshop or see recordings of past webinars